A traditional Ramadhan dish. The classic bubur lambuk is usually served at mosques or musollas during the fasting month.
- 500g lean beef, sliced
- 500g prawn
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp, pounded
- 1 cup local rice
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, pounded
- 2 inches ginger, pounded
- 1 spice pouch (sup bunjut)
- In a rice cooker, boil rice in 2 cups of water until becomes porridge. Add more water if necessary. Set aside.
- In a pot, boil sliced beef until tender, and set aside. Do not drain the soup.
- In a large separate pot, fry the onions, garlic and ginger for a few minute. Add in pounded dried shrimp, and fry until fragrant. Then, add the spice pouch and prawn.
- Now, get in the beef together with the soup. Add the porridge and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Add water until desired consistency has been reached. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with spring onion and fried shallots, or sliced red chili.